Restaurants will probably pay me to take down this awesome Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus Recipe. My husband and I were getting this regularly at one of our favorite restaurants and as usual I felt compelled to duplicate this recipe or make it even better and I have succeeded. This is lucky for you because this is so easy you wont ever desire to have this in a restaurant ever again.
Just because this recipe works for the HCG Diet maintanence plan doesn't mean that its not good for every low carb diet out there. In fact this is great if you are doing South Beach, Atkins, Eat Clean Diet, Paleo, etc.
- 1 can of chick peas/garbanzo beans
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- 1 bunch of cilantro (cut off stems as pictured above)
- 1-2 large cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons of Tahini (amt depends on your desired consistency more makes it thicker)
- 1 whole jalapeno with stem cut off